The History Department's undergraduate program is designed to provide students with knowledge of their own cultural tradition and an appreciation of other cultures and societies of the past. It promotes an appreciation of the complexity of human affairs and the difficulties involved in interpreting them. The Department offers a broad curriculum in local, national, regional, and world history which encourages history majors to develop a comparative approach to human problems.
All programs are planned in consultation with undergraduate advisors in the History Department and are subject to the advisor's approval. Students are urged to plan their programs as early as possible in their academic careers, but not later than three semesters before anticipated graduation. Faculty advisors assist with academic scheduling, explain departmental and university requirements, and provide descriptions of new and existing courses and information on career development.
- 2020-2021 program of study: Undergraduate Bulletin 2020-2021
- 2019-2020 program of study: Undergraduate Bulletin 2019-2020
- 2018-19 program of study, see the Undergraduate Bulletin 2018-2019
- 2017-18 or earlier - Programs of Study
Other useful links:
- Geographic Designation for History Courses (XLSX)
- Checksheets from previous years
- College of Arts & Sciences – Student Forms
- Transfer Equivalencies
- Articulating History Courses
- Registrar's Web Page/open classes
- History Dept. Internship Data Sheet (DOCX, 14 KB)
(L to R) History alums Zach Brinkman ('16), Meghan Andreoli ('16), and Troy Colvard ('16) take a break from student teaching in Germany to visit the Berlin Wall. Image courtesy of @meghanandreoli - Instagram.
BS History/Social Studies Education:
Ms. Jenny Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-262-2088
All BA majors contact Jonathan Billheimer, email@example.com, or 828-262-6016
All BS (non-teaching), and Multi-disciplinary (Public History) majors contact Amy Hudnall, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 828-262-6025
Dr. Judkin Browning, email@example.com, 828-262-6022