For programs mandating a second academic concentration, the academic concentration in history will consist of 24 hours distributed as follows:
- HIS 1101 World Civilizations (I)
- HIS 1102 World Civilizations (II)
- HIS 2201 Survey of American Civilization to 1876
- HIS 2204 Survey of American Civilization since 1876
- HIS 3728 History of North Carolina
In addition to 6 semester hours of electives in African, Asian, Latin American, or Middle Eastern history, and 3 semester hours of electives in United States or European history at the 3000 or 4000 level. Students should consult their academic advisor.