State & National Standards for Social Studies
Fall 2021 Implementation North Carolina Standards
Visit the NCDPI Social Studies Standards page for links to the following documents (also provided in PDFs below):
- World History Standards and unpacking document
- Civic Literacy (Founding Principles of the United States of America and North Carolina) and unpacking document
- American History and unpacking document
- Economics and Personal Finance and unpacking document
- Social Studies Crosswalks
- Strand Map
- Glossary of Instructional Terms
Unpacking documents provide extra information to understand the standards as well as sample topics and assessments. Crosswalk documents pair new and old standards and help bridge any gaps in understanding between the two sets of standards.
History/Social Studies Pedagogy & Teaching Resources
Looking for digital resources for your lesson plans or classroom? Check out this curated Google Doc of primary sources, lesson plan databases, curriculum resources, and more.